My Books!

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Character outline: Greyson

Character: Greyson 
A character in THE FOURTH

Greyson is the child of privilege. He was raised as the only son of a member of the Senate of Roma. His father is dedicated to becoming the leader of all Roma and expected his son to conform. It was frustrating to have several slave wives and still not be able to produce a second son. Though he spoiled Greyson in some ways.


...


She carried the wooden sword, a rudis, and the bamboo shield to the field always making sure to stay a few steps behind Greyson. The other boys usually practiced and paid him no mind but this time they were staring with their mouths gaping at the naked slave-girl.

This amused Greyson as he tightened his leather harness and gloves. He would practice with the other boys until teacher arrived from having coffee with dad.
"He is a little young isn't he, Senator?" the teacher was asking. He and Greyson's father stood on the deck behind the large family house sipping coffee and watching the boys "practice" with their wooden swords.

"He is an only child. I've tried of course, I have four wives and we know they aren't the problem." he dad answered "It has frustrated me for years and now he is too old anyway, by the time a brother reaches his age he'll be living his own life. Where ever that may take him."

"Yes, still. I didn't know they produced them so young." the teacher said and paused with the cup at his lips, then shook off another thought.

"Special order: It takes forever to get it right, but they managed. Took them long enough that is for sure."

"Does he call her his wife?" the teacher asked amused by the idea of an eight-year old married couple.

The Greyson's father smiled "Of course. That is what they are after all."

"I must go and see about training them, as amusing as it can be to watch them flail and shout" the teacher said.

For once Greyson felt like the center of attention for after every grueling turn his girl came and wiped his brow and gave him a drink of water. None of the other boys had a girl but they all had brothers. Greyson would never have a brother but his jealousy was quenched a bit by theirs.

How many years would they have to wait to have a woman of their own? Seven or Eight?

Greyson imagined how frustrated they were at home keeping to themselves when a naked slave is around. The punishment for touching one of fathers’ wives was very brutal indeed and they might miss weeks of school or practice recovering.

Ha! He would mock them mercilessly for years. He could do anything he wanted to the girl and they had nothing to compare.
............
Question: When did you fall in love with your slave?

Greyson: I was smitten almost immediately, but I think I knew I was seriously in love when I began studying law.

Q: Why did you name your slave? Isn't that illegal?

Greyson: I wanted something to call her and it was more of a nickname. She enjoyed watching the stars, so I called her Lunares.


Q: Did you tell her about the stars?

Greyson: That human worlds circled many of them, yes. She knew that on other worlds females were free, I hadn't taught her that on purpose, but I was trying to learn to become a diplomat to the Planetary League. She probably overheard me practising speeches.

Q:Why were you exiled?

Greyson: I wanted to study issues more in-depth. I wanted to speak with foreigners about how they saw political issues and the Planetary League. I was set up, probably by my fathers political opponents and framed. It was an embarrassment to my father, who was trying to become Proconsul. He exiled me. 

Q: What happened to your wife and child?

Greyson: They became my fathers. 

Q: What happened afterward?

Greyson: I ended up on an impoverished world trying to survive before I was tricked and kidnapped by space pirates. They forced me to join them.

Q: Will you return to Roma?

Greyson: When I am wealthy enough or powerful enough, I will go back to Roma and face my father. I have many things that need to be settled.

Q: You are bitter and angry about these things, aren't you?

Greyson: I don't care. I think anger makes me stronger and more resolved.

............

   THE FOURTH is available for $2.99 or if you have Kindle Unlimited it can be read for free.


No comments:

Post a Comment